- Qualcomm Technologies is now rethinking the potential of smartphone-powered augmented reality (AR) when paired with AR glasses.
- In the second half of 2023, a small group of 10 AR developers will get early access to Lightship VPS with Snapdragon Spaces.
- Qualcomm Technologies has increased the number of XR devices that enable Snapdragon Spaces to bring tired ideas to life.
A big step has been taken towards creating a cross-device extended reality (XR) ecosystem by Qualcomm Technologies, adding new functionality to its advanced Snapdragon Spaces XR Developer Platform. The business wants to build an open, immersive future for headwear experiences.
Qualcomm’s Legacy in AR and Smartphone-Powered AR Glasses
Qualcomm Technologies is now rethinking the potential of smartphone-powered augmented reality (AR) when paired with AR glasses. Qualcomm has over 13 years of experience in smartphone augmented reality (AR). The Dual Render Fusion capability, new to the Snapdragon Spaces SDK, is a game-changer. With the help of this breakthrough, developers can quickly transform their 2D mobile applications into 3D experiences that span the globe. The best thing is that no prior XR knowledge is necessary, opening up smartphone AR to a larger spectrum of developers. With Dual Render Fusion, the convenience and comfort of smartphones and the immersive qualities of AR glasses are seamlessly combined.
Developer-First Community Empowering the Platform
Numerous well-known companies, like Red Bull and Kittch, and hundreds of developers have endorsed the Snapdragon Spaces platform. The platform’s features have been improved with the help of this developer-focused community, opening up new frontiers in the realm of possibility. The most creative businesses in XR are using Snapdragon Spaces for a range of different kinds of applications, like:
- Enterprise Collaboration: Arthur Digital, Arvizio, ENGAGE, Scope AR, Sphere, Taqtile.
- Productivity: Glue Collaboration, MSM.digital, Nomtek, ShapesXR, vSpatial.
- Gaming and Entertainment: AmazeVR, DB Creations, Mirrorscape, Resolution Games, SKonec Entertainment, Survios, Vertical Robot, Wave.
- Health, Wellness, and Fitness: eXRciser, FitXR, Litesport, TRIPP, XRHealth.
- Training: Pixo, Roundtable Learning, Strivr, Talespin, Transfr, Uptale.
- Education: AjnaVidya, Phibonacci, Prisms, VictoryXR.
- WebXR: Igalia, Pluto VR, Wonderland.
- Others: ArborXR, BadVR, Designium, Echo3D, Lamina1.
Niantic Collaboration and Early Access to Lightship VPS
In the second half of 2023, a small group of 10 AR developers will get early access to Lightship VPS with Snapdragon Spaces, building on the already-existing cooperation between Qualcomm Technologies and Niantic. By combining the advantages of both platforms, our collaboration seeks to provide head-worn experiences for indoor and outdoor augmented reality. Developers from Artifice, DB Creations, Foundry Six, Hot Dark Matter, Immuse, Kinfolk, Lifecache, Loak, Sugar Creative, and Trigger are among those that belong to this elite group. These developers will be important in developing next-generation AR experiences, getting early access to new features, and influencing product roadmaps.
Metaverse Fund Fuels Innovation
Leading XR businesses, including Survios, EnlightXR, Tangle, TRIPP, and Echo3D, have received significant investments from Qualcomm Ventures as a part of the Snapdragon Metaverse Fund. Qualcomm Technologies can support innovation in the XR market with these investments and awards from the developer community for content initiatives.
Expansion of Snapdragon Spaces Ready Devices
Qualcomm Technologies has increased the number of XR devices that enable Snapdragon Spaces to bring tired ideas to life. OPPO, TCL RayNeo, and DigiLens have unveiled new Snapdragon Spaces Ready gadgets. These consist of the following:
- OPPO MR Glass Developer Edition: A stereoscopic image of the real world is provided by this gadget, which has two RGB cameras and binocular video pass-through technology. During the second half of 2023, EnlightXR will offer it as a Snapdragon Spaces development kit.
- TCL RayNeo X2: The TCL RayNeo X2 real AR glasses are anticipated to go on sale in Q2 2023. TCL RayNeo is currently developing cutting-edge AR capabilities. These glasses will help develop a top-notch AR ecosystem for users everywhere.
- DigiLens ARGO: ARGO, an all-in-one Snapdragon Spaces Ready AR gadget created for business and industrial-lite employees, will soon be available from DigiLens.
Building an Open Ecosystem for Immersive Technology
Snapdragon Spaces evolves immersive tech, empowers developers to craft groundbreaking experiences in an expanding open ecosystem.