- New HomePod will provide an elevated experience with its S7 chip.
- Incredible audio quality with enhanced Siri capabilities.
- Two new sensors are embedded for temperature and humidity.
Apple introduced its 2nd generation HomePod after its smart speaker debut in 2017 and discontinued its first HomePod model in 2021. With a surprise announcement of the new Apple HomePod 2, the company will continue competing in the smart speaker market. Priced at Rs. 32,900, the new Apple HomePod promises incredible audio quality with enhanced Siri capabilities and a safe and secure smart home experience.
The model is gracefully made with perfect transparent mesh fabric and a backlit touch surface that illuminates from edge to edge. The new HomePod will provide an elevated experience with its S7 chip, advanced audio, the latest innovations, and Siri Intelligence. Although the first Apple smart speakers’ soundtrack was exceptional, the company says the combination of “a custom-engineered high-excursion woofer, powerful motor that drives the diaphragm, a remarkable 20mm, built-in bass-EQ mic, and a beamforming array of five tweeters around the base,” will provide “a ground-breaking listening experience.” The successor to HomePod Gen 1 is available in white and midnight color options and is open to order online and in the Apple Store app starting from 18th January 2023; and will go on market sale from Friday, 3rd February.
Specifications of Apple HomePod 2nd Gen
- Apple’s new HomePod will be available with the S7 chip, the one we saw in the Apple Watch.
- The S7 chip combines software and system-sensing technology to offer even more advanced computational audio.
- As per the company, the new Apple speaker also has updated acoustics with rich, deep bass and stunning high frequencies, providing a truly standout listening experience.
- Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos for music and video.
- The onboard microphones within the speakers also sense background noises from smoke or carbon monoxide detectors, thereby sending alerts. This new feature will make the smart home experience safer.
- Apple is also using two new sensors for temperature and humidity that help you check the room temperature. This company seems to be enabling this functionality in their HomePod Mini too.
- Matter enables smart home products to work across ecosystems while maintaining the highest levels of security.
- 11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and Thread.
- It pairs with Apple TV 4K and iPhone, and users can control what’s playing on the devices.
- Apple HomePod 2 is 6.62 inches high and 5.59 inches wide.